In the ever changing world of digital marketing the phrases we hear from our clients more and more are around the “Customer Journey” and achieving pinnacle SEO success for their brands.
In order to address this lets first break down the two ingredients:
Search Engine Optimization Best Practices:
- Define Your Target Audience and Their Needs
- Categorize Keyword Research
- Find Gaps and Opportunities
- Define Competitors
- Learn From Your Competitors
- Customize an SEO Strategy & Recommendations
- Create must-have SEO Recommendations
- Prioritize and summarize
Customer Journey Best Practices:
These are five points any company contemplating, planning, or already undertaking a customer journey initiative should consider:
- Define the Behavioral Stages
- Align Customer Goals with the Stages
- Plot Out The Touch Points
- Determine If Your Customers Are Achieving Their Goals
- Create Recommendations for Change
Now that you have your SEO and Customer Journey Best Practices in place, here is your roadmap to creating an SEO Customer Journey:
1) Create your own customer journey map.
2) On your map, identify the specific points at which a user is conducting one of the three types of search queries (navigational, transactional, or informational).
3) Make a list of keywords/queries for each point in the customer journey that involves a specific query type.
4) Connect each keyword to a specific method of SEO strategy.
Now, take those keywords and plug them into your SEO strategy. How? Let’s take one keyword from the above example — “how much storage can I afford?” Here’s what you might do:
1) Create a page on the website
2) Page title: “How much storage can I afford? | Storage Planning”
3) H1: “How much storage can my business afford?”
4) Article: Discuss answers to this question in the article, and provide a clear Call to Action (CTA) at the end.
5) Create a series of four evergreen blog articles that deal with this question. Use this keyword and any long tail variations of ”how much storage can I afford?”
6) Create an infographic that answers the question “”how much storage can I afford?”
7) Interview several experts on storage affordability, and post a video series on YouTube.
Need help with your digital marketing, search engine optimization, user experience design, and/or customer journey consulting, please contact us.