If 2018 saw significant changes to how technology is leveraged for marketing, 2019 is certainly going to be just as transformative, and just as challenging. So as we enter the fourth quarter of 2018, every organization from global enterprises to challenger brands to growing industry associations needs to start thinking about making sure it has the right agency partner for 2019.
As we all know, of course, hiring a top branding agency can be extremely stressful. How do you evaluate your organization’s marketing needs and match them to a top branding agency that has the skill sets, the experienced team, and the vision to meet your revenue targets. Key to making the case for a top branding agency is recognizing that an agency with the right experience and creativity will help your business grow, and can be one of the most important investments you make.
Here are our five tips for finding a top branding agency that will take your brand to the next level:
- It’s the Creative. First and foremost, creative can make or break every brand. The first question you need to ask before selecting a top branding agency is if it has a range of creative designers bringing different options and creative approaches to the project. A small team will never have the range of styles of a successful agency. With a small shop, it’s not long until all creative tends to look the same. Check out the creative that’s on the agency’s website. Does it look too much the same, or is there a wide range of styles and concepts across the site? Do you like what they are promoting? If not, find an agency that you do like.
- What About Consistency? How is the quality of the branding work? For agencies where branding is not their core focus, we often see that the work is inconsistent, both in quality and in tone. A top branding agency recognizes the importance of consistency to your brand.
- Can They Handle Brand Management? Can the agency take you through your projected growth as an organization? A top branding agency isn’t valuable only on the one project but will be with you for the long-term. That means that as your brand grows and evolves, it lessens the risk of diluting it as new ideas are explored and boundaries pushed. The right agency team can make sure that new directions are kept within the context of the brand style guide. A great branding agency can lead the development of new deliverables and can deliver on the vision for the brand.
- Industry Insights. Is the agency’s team viewed as a thought leader in the marketing industry? The best agency partners work across a variety of industries and keep on top of trends and styles across many verticals. Read their blog posts. Do they practice what they preach?
- Can They Create a Vision and Stick to it. Can they help you tell your story? A top branding agency has the expertise and creativity needed to develop a comprehensive brand that is consistent and tells a compelling story. It takes lots of work to develop that skill and requires significant know-how and ability to both see the vision and execute on that vision. The right firm recognizes the intricacies of taking a brand from concept to completion at different stages in their client’s business lifecycle. That skill – to see the big picture of your organization and help you bring your brand to life – is critical and valuable.