Bluetext continually seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. As such, Bluetext does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, or status as a protected veteran. This policy applies to all personnel activities and conditions of employment.
Mid-Level Project Manager
Welcome to Bluetext, where Project Managers are much more than just project coordinators. We work closely with clients to understand business goals and develop project strategies. We sit alongside designers and developers to actively plan and problem-solve. We ensure the overall quality of a project. We manage tasks and handle day-to-day communication with clients and internal teams. We are both empathetic and demanding, cultivating a culture of efficiency, productivity, and progress on our projects.
As PMs at Bluetext, we lead a variety of projects. We facilitate design workshops, document and prioritize requirements, collaborate with our brilliant designers and developers, help lead QA and user testing efforts, and celebrate thrilling launches. We draft storyboards, vet talent, coordinate video shoots, and manage post-production initiatives. We conduct competitor analyses, research appropriate targeting channels, develop ad copy, and run reporting for multi-channel digital marketing campaigns. More than any other role at Bluetext, we contribute to all areas of a successful product.
For all of our projects, communication and collaboration are keys to success. Along those lines, we’re looking for:
- Polished and persuasive communicators. You’re not a BS-er. You listen, synthesize, write, and speak very clearly.
- The extremely organized and detail-obsessed.
- Forward-thinking team players with an appreciation for deadlines and timelines/schedules.
- An understanding of and appreciation for relationship-building (via planning, communication, and problem-solving).
Not all of us were particularly technical when we started, but over time, we dig into the following:
- Web development common practices and constraints; responsive design considerations
- Agile development practices
- Writing detailed, clear requirements for backend and frontend developments; describing workflows from the user’s perspective
- Remarkable problem-solving; the ability to turn abstract client requests into clear actions and paths forward
- QA: across browsers, devices, screen sizes, operating systems; the ability to distinguish the likely cause of a bug
- Running and tracking a multi-channel marketing campaign
- Building a brand and maintaining brand integrity
Experience Required: 2-3 years of project management in web design and build and/or go-to-market campaigns